Band Camps are scheduled during the summer as well as select Saturdays during the school year. Please be sure to fill our the online Student Registration form as well as download, fill out and return the required forms prior to attending any summer camp.
Marching Rookie Camp:
Monday June 27 – Thursday June 30, 2016
9AM to 5PM daily
MANDATORY for all incoming 9th and 10th grade marching band students and 9th grade percussion students (other grades welcome to attend). Officers are expected as well.
Marching Percussion Camp:
Fridays beginning June 3rd
9AM to 5PM
Percussion students are also required to participate in Full Band Camp
Field Guard Summer Practice Guard Choreography Camp:
Tuesdays throughout the summer from May 31st to July 12th
5PM – 7:30PM daily
These dates are in addition to the Full Marching Band Summer Practices.
FULL Marching Band Summer Camp:
Monday July 25 – Friday July 29 AND Monday August 1 – Friday August 5
9AM to 5PM all days
MANDATORY for ALL marching band and field guard students. Full preparation for Marching Season begins! This time is used to learn all aspects of marching and to learn the marching drill and music for our marching show.
Exhibition & Pot Luck Dinner:
Friday August 5, 2016
Beginning at 4:30 pm
Come see your students perform! Everyone will want to join us as we get to see a sample of the 2016 marching show and then dine on everyone’s favorite dishes! The evening will also contain a parents’ meeting with Mr. Johnson and the Band Booster Officers.
Marching Band Camp – What to Bring/Wear
- Dress for the weather!! It’s HOT!!!!
- Sandals, flip flops, open toed or flat shoes, etc. are not permitted.
- Students should wear socks and athletic shoes.
- Wear athletic clothing (no jeans)
- Avoid perfume, hair spray, hand lotions, creams, etc. They attract bees and gnats.
- USE SUNSCREEN!!!
- Bring sunglasses and a hat.
- BRING YOUR WATER BOTTLE labeled with your name
- Lunch and Snacks. No dairy or heavy foods. Keep it light but enough to keep you moving.