ROOKIE CAMP BEGINS!
Monday June 27th – Thursday June 30th
9AM to 5PM
Rookie Camp is for all incoming Freshmen & Sophomore wind players as well as officers and is MANDATORY! (if arrangements with Mr. Johnson have already been made don’t panic – he knows)
Students need to have the following:
- Your Instrument
- Bag lunch and snacks! A MUST!!! Keep it light but filling. Fruit works great for snacks. Keep away from dairy
- A water cooler. Large refill stations will be available for students for water
- Flip Folder & lyre
- binder/pencils for taking notes when necessary
- Reeds!!! (if applicable)
- Mouthpieces (if applicable)
- CLOTHING APPROPRIATE FOR SUMMER HEAT! We WILL be outdoors most of the day. Yes, even if it rains (lightening or heavy rain we will go indoors) Best clothes are athletic/cool clothing, athletic shoes and socks. NO sandals, flip flops or bare feet. Sunglasses and a hat may be helpful as well
- SUNSCREEN & BUGSPRAY!
Camp begins promptly at 9AM. Your Booster Board Members will be set up by 8:30 AM to get your students checked in. Please plan to arrive in time to check in, get settled and ready to go by 9AM.
We will also have a Question & Answer meeting for parents on Monday afternoon just before pick up. Most likely in cafeteria or in band room.
And here are a few images from last year’s Rookie Camp! Let the fun begin!